Black Chicken Soup with Black Fungus, Lily Flower Buds & Chinese Mushrooms
My cranky mother though hardly steps into the kitchen to do real cooking, but when there is a time where I absolutely require nutrition, she will call upon the wondermaid to do up this soup for me almost every other day. I fell in love with this soup because it’s so tasty and good. And am writing here to keep its recipie alive.
- 1 large black chicken (chopped)
- about 2large handfuls of lily flowers (also called golden needles/lily flower bud (you must soak it in cold water for 1 night & day, you may leave it in the fridge)
- 2 large pieces of black fungi (likewise soak for 1 night and day because it will expand in size)
- 7 pieces of dried red dates, halved (to be soaked for 4 hours)
- 4 pieces of dried chinese mushroom (to be soaked for 4 hours)
- slice of ginger
- 1 tbs of sesame oil
- 1 tbs of chinese rice wine
- salt and pepper to taste
- one pot of boiling water enough for 3 people to drink large bowls of soup.
1.) Fry the ginger in the pot until it becomes brown with oil. Then put in the chicken parts and fry until the colour of the chicken change.
2.) Add all the remaining ingredients and fry for 3- 5 minutes. Put in enough water into the pot and add in the sesame oil and chinese rice wine. Boil until the chicken is cooked and tender.